Friday, September 2, 2011

Burundi Radio Amateur Activation

I'm currently in Bujumbura. I brought my radio, a power supply and a dipole antenna in my luggage in case I would be able to become radio-active. The procedure to get the licence was very long. It's now ready. I had discussion last week about the requested fee but there is no choice this is the price here and it won't change before I left.
Some radioamateur friends convince me that with this blog and your support I could cover the cost of the licence that is really above my planned bugdet. See the post about licencing for more information.
So I plan to go to the regulation office on monday and to paid for it. The requested callsign is 9U7T and if everything goes fine, I would come into the air on monday the 5th of september in the evening.
It's not a dx expedition as such. I'm here for professional reason and will only be active during my spare time.
I expect to be active about 1hr a day and perhaps more during the weekend, for the next 3 weeks. End of the activation: 25th of september!
No power amplifier, no beam, only 100W and a dipole antenna on 20m.
It's my first experience as dx-er and except one participation to CQWW from OT3A and UBA Fieldday I cannot speak about a huge experience in managing pile-ups. I will do my best to control the situation but do not forget that I'm here for 3 weeks so if you do not qsl from the first day, there are other days to get through.
73,
Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment